- Do use spotter when you try the major lifts : Take advantage of your gym buddy or personal trainer as your spotter. Having a spotter beside you, help you eliminate the injury.
- Do keep your back straight when lifting : This to protect your lower back from injury or lower back pain.
- Do use proper lifting technique.
- Do wear proper shoes.
- Do make sure the equipment is in good condition.
- Don't breathe in and out too fast. You may faint when you and lose control of your weight. Breathe out when you lift weight.
- Don't continue lifting when you feel pain.
- Don't exercise any set of muscles more than 3 times a week.
- Don't lift more than you know you can lift safely.