- Sugar is a carbohydrate that occurs naturally in every fruit and vegetable.
- Sugary foods provide lots of energy and can be used immediately after consume it.
- A sugary drinks and foods give you energy boost but the effect soon fades and soon you want another drink or food.
- Sugar doesn’t provide anything beside calories. That’s why it’s called empty calories.
- Too much sugar will end up having holes in your teeth.
- Sugar can be used as preservative ( e.g. jam ).
- Sugar releases energy quickly.
- According to the studies 33% of added sugar can be found in soft drinks.
- Extra sugar can be attained in low fat or fat free products ( make sure you read the labels ).
- The body actually uses all sugars the same way- it changes them to glucose, which is what our body uses for energy.
- Sugar has other names such as : glucose, fructose, galactose, sucrose, lactose and maltose.
- Skipping meals can lead to sugar craving.
Bittersweet Sugar Facts
Posted by Suddenly slimmer